Monday, January 21, 2013

Grandfather's story

After all these years, I guess this was the very first time in my life that my grandfather ever told me so much about his story..  During the usual manner where me and my family will go to visit them, grandpa suddenly told my lil bro to enter the room where I was relaxing and he started to talk about stuff... Stuff that we don't usually hear from him.


Maybe it's the time that he thought we need to grow up that he need to share his experiences with us but I'm sure, my lil bro doesn't understand anything he was trying to tell as the stories that he told us was pretty much disintegrated.  

To cut things short, he basically tell us of how we should behave in the social life and the basic idea of gaining too much of ego is actually meaningless.  He went through a lot to come to this level of stability and serenity (well, excluding arguments with grandma of course).  Being one of those folks who have to endure poverty in order to survive, my grandpa was uneducated and he couldn't read but through that firm confidence, he was able to convince people despite of being challenged by those envious rank and file.

And then, it came in to my mind.. "Does it runs in the family?".  The way how he taught me to behave in life was exactly how I am all this long.  How things were observed, how things were to be done, how everything be controlled, and how decision were to be made.  Of course, I might not supersede what my grandpa did as he had a lifetime of experience whereas me, I just had all this thoughts and ploys running in my mind.. 

Probably it was those "Think too much" symptoms that everyone used to say it on me... but I never bother to change this stance of mine, because I know, someday, these so-called "think too much" will help me make decision.  I'm not sure how great I would be or how bad would I became, lets just hope that I can do it even better.

Sometimes, all you need in life is just some confidence.  It can change your life, Forever.

No comments: