Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fear

Yes, today I'm going to talk about Fear.
What's Fear?
a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. (picked up from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fear)

Everyone have fear in them.
To be frank I have a fear myself last time.. My worst nightmare it was.
Pediophobia - Fear of dolls
You know, those dolls that able o blink its eyes each time you move them. Believe it or not, it can make me run all over the house each time I have a look at them, I felt that they are totally freakishly terrific kind of toys.
All this thanks to the movie :
Child's Play


Maybe some of you might not heard of this movie before but this is the root of my fear. Every single day of my life during that moment, I'm bullied by my cousins each time I met them cause they'll use my cousin sister's doll to chase me around the house. I cried each time I looked at them. I couldn't control my fear.
Those days gave me a lots of nightmare.

Somehow, this nightmare of mine finally come to a full stop when I face against my fear courageously. I could never forget that very day when I overcame that fear.

It was this day that I was left alone at my aunty's house and I couldn't remember why there are no people in the house. Then I took one of the spoiled doll(with one missing eye) out from a plastic bag (it was meant to be in the bin after all). Guess what, I have a conversation with it (=P).

Deelun : Why am I afraid of you?! You're just a doll!!
Doll : ....
Deelun : Yes, I'll not be afraid of you anymore, not anymore!! I'll not LOSE!!
Doll : ....

The next thing that happened (warning: Brutality occurred), I used a screwdriver and smack on that doll many times (I grinned when I did that). Finally, another eye of the doll was poked inside the doll. For some reason, I felt refreshed... I felt as if I had rehabilitated.. After that, I packed up all the stuff and put it back at the same place and later on see my aunt throw it into the dustbin when they came home. On that very night, my cousin asked me to go to my cousin sister's room (the same thing he always do with that "Surprise") as he hid a doll behind him (much more larger size doll). And once I entered the room he closed the light and on it back with the doll facing to my face, I just looked at the doll and smiled. Then I asked my cousin, "So, what are you going to do with this doll to me?"

My cousin went speechless and put away the doll and bring me go outside to play other things.

Since then, I realised that fear can be overcome when you dare to face it with your heart. Nothing is impossible (says my sifu: JJ). That's why, nowadays, I can say that, there's not much of thing that can scare me as long my heart is stronger than it.
So, Can You Do It? Have you found a way to overcome your fear?
If I can do it, you can do it too cause we're the same, Only Human.

No comments: